- 14 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 11/2 cup flour
- salt – a pinch
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degree F.Line the bottom and sides of 12″ square baking pan and grease
- Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan.Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Beat the egg and vanilla until light and add to the cocoa butter mixture.
- Add sugar and mix well.Add a pinch of salt.
- Sift the flour over the cocoa mixture and gently fold in.Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes .Do not over bake.Leave in the pan to cool before cutting into 2-inch squares and removing.
- The brownies should be soft and moist
(for fudge icing,add 100 gms icing sugar,50 gms melted butter,1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder,3 tbsp of milk and heat.stir well to get paste consistency.pour the icing on the brownie.)
(Recipe:American baking heritage-Patricia Lousada)