- Vegetables (carrots,beans,cauliflower and green peas) cubed – 2 cups
- Milk-3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil/Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Cream-1/4 cup( optional)
- Coriander leaves(chopped)-3-4 tbsp
- Onion- 2 nos
- Green chilies -2 nos
- Ginger- 1″ piece
- Garlic-2 cloves
- Cardamom-4 nos
- Cashew nuts (soaked in water)-10 to 12 nos
- Cook the vegetables with enough water,till tender.keep aside.
- Grind the ingredients for masala with 3 to 4 tbsp of water to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil/Ghee in a pan ,add the masala paste and saute till done.
- Add the cooked vegetables and saute for few minutes.
- Add milk and salt to taste.Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes .
- Add chopped coriander leaves and cream ,remove from heat.
This curry goes well with appam,idiappam or chapathi.
Note:If you require more gravy add more milk
(Recipe source:Dr.Lakshmi Nair-Magic oven)
Saee Koranne-KhandekarJune 21, 2011 at 8:53 pm
Reminds me of ishtew, except this does not have coconut milk. Nice pictures!