- Crab(cleaned)- 500 grams
- Onion chopped- 2 nos
- Tomato sliced- 1 no(optional)
- Coconut milk(thick)-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Curry leaves- few
- Mustard seeds
For the marinade
- Ginger-1″ piece
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Green chili- 1
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder- 2to 3 tsp(or according to taste)
- Curry leaves-5 to 6 nos
- Coriander leaves chopped- 1/4cup
- Mint leaves- 6 to 8 nos
- salt to taste
- Grind all the ingredients listed under marinade to form a smooth paste.Rub this onto the crab and leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds let it splutter .Add curry leaves and onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the the crab along with the remaining marinade,tomato ,salt to taste and enough water.Mix well.Cover and cook over low flame till done.
- When the crab is cooked pour in the coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve with rice.
Sending this to Any one can cook event at Taste of pearl city
NehaJuly 25, 2011 at 4:46 pm
It looks tempting…
PujaJuly 25, 2011 at 4:47 pm
Must be a treat for crab lovers ~ nice preparation!
Reshmi MaheshJuly 25, 2011 at 7:50 pm
Looks spicy and delicious…Lovely presentation
AzJuly 25, 2011 at 9:45 pm
Looks delicious!! First time at your blog. Totally love it and glad to follow you!!
TorviewtorontoJuly 26, 2011 at 4:45 am
delicious crab curry we make a little different
Love2cook MalaysiaJuly 26, 2011 at 6:54 am
My hubby and son will love this!!! I'll take the curry alone since I don't eat crabs 🙂
Umm MymoonahJuly 26, 2011 at 1:42 pm
I'm a sucker when it comes to cooking crabs, you have done it perfectly, looks very delicious. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook 🙂
SwathiJuly 26, 2011 at 8:41 pm
Njandu curry adipoli. Looks delicious.
AnonymousJuly 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm
Woww.. amazing 😀
Mehjabeen ArifJuly 28, 2011 at 7:47 am
wow.. pictures are stunning.. I am personally a huge crab fan.. love this curry..
Jabeen's Corner is hosting an event with a surprise giveaway.. U are Invited !! Do send your entries..
Ongoing Event-Iftar nights
UnknownJuly 28, 2011 at 7:49 am
Aww….this is my fav…looks yummy
RamyaJuly 29, 2011 at 1:03 pm
Mouthwatering and awesome pics. Makes me real homesick and prompts me for a holiday to kerala
RakshaJuly 30, 2011 at 12:54 pm
This is delicious.
happy to be Blog hopping with you. FOllowing you 🙂
PlatefulJuly 30, 2011 at 8:18 pm
Oh girl, your naadan delicacies are tickling my fancy! And here I don't even know how to clean a crab, sigh. I need to visit you soon.. where are you in UAE?
KurryleavesJuly 31, 2011 at 6:38 pm
Thank you all for your lovely comments…
Jabeen ..ill definitely join in for the event.
Nash…even i don't know how to clean a crab.. usually i get it cleaned..wink.
btw i stay in Umm al quwain..u r most welcome..