- Plain flour-3/4 cup
- Butter(cut into small pieces)-125 grams
- Light brown sugar- 4 tbsp
For caramel filling
- Sugar-2 to 2 1/2 tbsp
- Butter-1 tbsp
- Condensed milk-200gm
- Vanilla essence- 1/2 tsp
- Caramelized nuts-1/2 to 3/4cup
- Melted Plain chocolate(optional)
- Line a square cake tin(20 cm) with baking paper.Keep aside.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your finger tips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.Add the sugar and mix to form a firm dough.
- Press the dough into the base of the prepared cake tin and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven,190 deg for 20 minutes or until light and golden.Leave it to cool in the tin.
- Heat sugar in a heavy bottomed pan ,lightly swirl the pan as it starts to melt.
- Cook until it is completely melted and the color changes to brown.
- Now add the butter,and whisk until the butter is melted and both the ingredients are combined.
- Now slowly add the condensed milk , whisking as you do so.Bring slowly to the boil over a very low heat,then boil very gently for 3-4 minutes,stirring constantly,until the filling has thickened.
- Add vanilla essence ,mix well and pour this caramel filling over the cooled base in the tin ,smooth with a palette knife.Leave to set.
- Scatter the caramelized nuts over the caramel filling and drizzle melted chocolate on top if desired.
- Cut into squares to serve.
UnknownJuly 31, 2011 at 5:16 pm
Delicious sweet treats:) beautifully made..
Prathima RaoJuly 31, 2011 at 5:43 pm
Simply too gorgeous!!!! Superlative!!!
Luv'n SpoonfulsAugust 1, 2011 at 4:33 am
Oh my goodness! These look so good right now, especially with a nice cup of coffee or tea. Lovely photos…with I could have one right now!
Umm MymoonahAugust 1, 2011 at 5:41 am
I'm a big fan of caramel and these bars looks so lovely. Beautiful pictures.
RamyaAugust 1, 2011 at 9:43 am
Looks so yummy and perfect I can't resist to take a bite. Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment.
Ongoing event in my blog: Fusion Food: Pasta http://ramyasrecipe.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-first-event-fusion-foodpasta.html
UnknownAugust 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm
Wow delicious looking squares…yummy too
RaksAugust 1, 2011 at 12:52 pm
Lovely recipe and clicks are too good!
PujaAugust 1, 2011 at 2:04 pm
yum yum.. These look divine ~ I love the texture and I bet they tasted wonderful.
Padhu SankarAugust 1, 2011 at 3:35 pm
Wow!! Stunning pictures and bars look absolutely delicious!
Vatsala.August 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm
Very tempting. Nice clicks. First time here and glad to follow you. Please visit me as time permits.
Invitation for a Potluck
Event – LGSS_Potato
Meena KannanAugust 20, 2011 at 5:10 am
perfect squares…good photography….tempting too…Menna's kitchen