- Fish cut into medium sized pieces- 8 to 10 nos
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Kudampuli/kokum pieces(soaked in water)-2 to 3 nos
- Tomato sliced- 1 small
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Green chilies-3to 4 nos(or to taste)
- Shallots/chumanulli- 5 nos
- Ginger- 1″ piece
- Garlic- 2 medium cloves
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1 /2 tsp
- Grind all the ingredients listed under ‘To grind’ with enough water to form a very fine paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Now add fenugreek seeds and saute for 15- 20 seconds.
- Now add the ground coconut paste,Kudampuli/kokum,sliced tomato,curry leaves,salt to taste and enough water,stir well .
- Add the fish pieces,cover and cook till done over low flame.
- Simmer for few minutes till the gravy thickens.
Sending this to Any one can cook event at Taste of pearl city.
UnknownAugust 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm
Fish curry is absolutely delicious.. love the subtle colour in the background. Wonderfully presented:)
NehaAugust 1, 2011 at 6:32 pm
curry looks delicious…
TorviewtorontoAugust 1, 2011 at 6:53 pm
coconut gives a beautiful flavour fish curry looks wonderful
Suja ManojAugust 1, 2011 at 9:18 pm
Perfect and yummy curry,my favorite…beautiful presentation.
Indian KhanaAugust 1, 2011 at 10:49 pm
curry looks delicious with such tempting pics ….
UnknownAugust 2, 2011 at 5:34 am
Meen curry n rice…awesome combo, luv ur vervsion
Sneha BennyAugust 2, 2011 at 5:00 pm
Fish curry looks delicious. I stumbled upon your blog. Loved the recipes.
Jayanthy KumaranAugust 2, 2011 at 7:43 pm
flavorful n delicious..:P
RamyaAugust 2, 2011 at 11:47 pm
just love it and mouthwatering clicks…
Please check out my first event and do send in your entries
Fusion Food: Pasta
Umm MymoonahAugust 5, 2011 at 4:20 pm
Love the way you have presented it, absolutely delicious. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook 🙂
ChandraNovember 18, 2012 at 1:33 am
Awesome curry..your presentation of the curry is Excellent!!!
Kukkus kitchen recepiesSeptember 27, 2019 at 9:48 am
Super fish curry looks very delicious😋✨