- Fish cut into medium sized pieces- 8 to 10 nos
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Kudampuli/kokum pieces(soaked in water)-2 to 3 nos
- Tomato sliced- 1 small
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Green chilies-3to 4 nos(or to taste)
- Shallots/chumanulli- 5 nos
- Ginger- 1″ piece
- Garlic- 2 medium cloves
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Chili powder-1 /2 tsp
- Grind all the ingredients listed under ‘To grind’ with enough water to form a very fine paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Now add fenugreek seeds and saute for 15- 20 seconds.
- Now add the ground coconut paste,Kudampuli/kokum,sliced tomato,curry leaves,salt to taste and enough water,stir well .
- Add the fish pieces,cover and cook till done over low flame.
- Simmer for few minutes till the gravy thickens.