Best Ever Banana Bread Recipe
Recipe adapted from : Taste of home,you can find the original recipe here.
Moist and delicious Banana bread,packed with banana flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
Yields: 1 loaf
- All purpose flour- 1 and 3/4 cups
- Sugar-1 to 1.5 cup( see notes)
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp( optional)
- Nutmeg powder- 1 pinch( optional)
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Ripe bananas ,mashed- 2 medium( 1 cup)
- Canola oil-1/2 cup
- Butter milk-1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Walnuts,chopped-1 cup(optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg c.Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl mix together,all purpose flour,sugar,baking soda,cinnamon powder,nutmeg powder and salt,using a fork/whisk.keep aside.
- In another bowl,add mashed bananas,eggs,canola oil,buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Add this to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.( Do not over mix).Fold in the chopped walnuts,if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.( I halved the recipe and it was done in 40 minutes.)
- Cool on wire rack.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.If you like it less sweet ,use just 1 cup sugar.You can use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar,if desired.
- I halved the recipe and used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/8 cup regular sugar and it was just perfect.
- Cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder gives a nice flavor to the bread.
- I used just 2 tbsp chopped walnuts,adjust the quantity according to your taste.
- Click here for Eggless Banana bread recipe.