- Basmati rice-1 cup
- Keema(minced meat,beef or mutton)-200 gms
- Cardamom- 2 nos
- Bay leaves- 1 no
- Cloves- 3 nos
- Star anise- 1 no
- Ginger crushed- 11/2 tsp
- Garlic crushed- 1 /2 tsp
- Green chili (chopped)- 1 no
- Onion (sliced finely)- 1 large
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1/2 to 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder-1/4 to 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves(chopped)-1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil /Ghee
- Water-2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups
- Onion sliced finely- 1 no
- Cashew nuts and raisins- few
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan and fry sliced onion, cashew nuts and raisins (to garnish) separately until it turns brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan add cardamom,bay leaves,cloves and star anise and saute till fragrant.
- Now add ginger ,garlic and green chili and saute for a few seconds.Add sliced onion and saute till it is caramelized.
- Add minced meat and mix well.
- When the meat is half done add chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder, garam masala,pepper powder and salt to taste.Mix until combined.
- Now add half of the fried onions,coriander and mint leaves and cook until meat is done.
- Add rice and pour water,add salt to taste.Cover and cook till done.
- Garnish with fried onions ,cashew nuts ,raisins and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with raitha.
Sending this to Kerala kitchen event hosted by Khushi of A girl’s diary
ManjuOctober 17, 2011 at 9:18 pm
Tooooo good!!!!!!!!! I will defenitly try this someday!!!! It looks soo nice!!!
AlpanaOctober 17, 2011 at 9:57 pm
Biryani looks sooooo good……& the clicks are awesome. I feel like grabbing the bowl right now.
MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!.October 17, 2011 at 10:15 pm
This biryani luks so tasty,colourful,spicy and superbly delicious.Luks impressive.Will try it soon.
UnknownOctober 18, 2011 at 12:07 am
Biryani looks really good and delicious.
My Kitchen Experiments
Suja ManojOctober 18, 2011 at 12:33 am
Spicy and flavorful biryani..makes me hungry..
Rinku NaveenOctober 18, 2011 at 12:51 am
Wow! Never tasted or tried Keema biriyani. Looks super yumm..
UnknownOctober 18, 2011 at 5:58 am
I luv this…looks so flavourful n yummy
TinaOctober 18, 2011 at 8:06 am
entammooooo vishakkunneeeee…sharikkum ithinte oru colour okke kandittu angottu oru chanjattam
Priya SureshOctober 18, 2011 at 9:02 am
Wonderful bowl of flavourful and inviting briyani,makes me hungry..
Santosh BangarOctober 18, 2011 at 9:49 pm
SPICY WITH DRY FRUIT BIRYANI IS LOOKING VARY IMPRESSIVE
ROctober 19, 2011 at 1:40 am
brilliant job. i am so loving all ur clicks.
AarthiOctober 19, 2011 at 5:38 am
This looks really delicious..I should try this as soon as possible.thanks for the recipe dear..Following your blog straight away..If you have time Check out my blog too..
I am having a Giveaway..
AliOctober 20, 2011 at 9:30 pm
looks delish 🙂 never tasted minced meat biriyani just beef biriyani but my was it a good dish, I bet the keema version is even way better
InduOctober 21, 2011 at 4:36 am
Ooooh, the colour of that biriyani is so promising! droool….