Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week I am paired with Vidya of Sweet Karam Kapi.I made this delicious butter cookies from her blog. You can find the original recipe here.
- All purpose flour-1 3/4 cups
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Butter(unsalted)-3/4 cup
- Sugar-2/3 cup
- Egg- 1 large
- Vanilla extract- 1tsp
- Pineapple Jam/strawberry jam or Melted chocolate-1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C,line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk all purpose flour,baking powder and salt together.Keep aside.
- In another bowl ,cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy,for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract and egg.
- Now add the dry ingredients,mixing just until combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hr.
- Shape the dough into 1″ balls and lightly press with your thumb and fill the indentation with 3/4 tsp jam.You can also use a cookie mould.(if using chocolate filling fill the indentations with melted milk chocolate only after the cookies are baked and cooled)
- Bake cookies until the edges turn golden,for about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking tray.