Mixed fruit jam-Learn how to prepare easy and delicious homemade mixed fruit jam.
Mixed Fruit Jam
- 4 cups Mixed fruits,roughly chopped See notes(use black grapes,apples,bananas,pomegranate ,strawberries ,guavas,plum etc)
- Orange juice,from one medium orange
- 2 to 2.5 cups Sugar
- 2 to 2.5 tbsp Lemon juice
- In a blender add all the fruits and blend to form a fine paste.
- Pass this through a fine mesh seive to remove the seeds ,if any .(skip this step if not using grapes and pomegranates.)
- Transfer the fruit pulp into a large pan,add the orange juice, lemon juice and sugar.Mix well.Bring it to a simmer over medium heat.Cook until it turns thick and glossy,stirring well in between to avoid burning.( To check if it is ready or not,place a spoonful of jam on a plate and place it in the fridge for a minute or two.If it is done it should hold its shape and if it is still runny cook for another 5 minutes and check again.Let it sit for 10 minutes.Trasfer the jam to a sterilised jar and let cool to room temperature before sealing the jar.Tis jam can be stored in the refrigerator for upto a month.
Here I have used 2.5 cups grapes,1 large pomegranate,2 small bananas,1 large apple and 1 medium guava .You can use any seasonal fruits of your choice, like strawberries ,blueberries, papaya, pineapple, mango etc.
More jam recipes and recipes using homemade jam/preserve