Recipe source( with slight variations): Suriyani pachakam (Bava R Lukose)
- Hard boiled eggs-6 nos
- Onion sliced-2 large
- Ginger chopped-1 tsp
- Garlic chopped- 1tsp
- Green chilies(cut vertically)- 4 nos(or to taste)
- Coconut milk(thin)-2 cups
- Potato (cubed)-1 large
- Coconut milk(thick)-1/2 cup
- Chili powder-2 to 3 tsp(according to taste)
- Coriander powder-1tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick-1″ piece
- Cloves- 4 nos
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Shallots(sliced)- 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Combine all the ingredients to grind ,add sufficient quantity of water and grind to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan , add sliced onion and salt to taste.Saute for 2 to 3 minutes .
- Now add chopped ginger , garlic and green chilies.Saute till onion turns golden brown.
- Reduce the flame to low and add the masala paste and saute till oil separates.
- Add potato and thin coconut milk.Cover and cook till done.
- Once potato is cooked ,pour thick coconut milk and stir well.Adjust salt to taste.
- Add hard boiled eggs and switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in another pan and add mustard seeds.Let it splutter.Add shallots and curry leaves,saute till it turns golden brown.Add this to the curry, cover and keep aside for few minutes before serving.
- Serve with idiappam or appam
To prepare idiappams
- Idiappam flour (rice powder)- 1 cup
- Hot water- 1 to 1 1/4 cups
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Combine 1 cup idiappam flour(rice powder) ,1 to 1 1/4 cups hot water,1 tsp oil and salt to taste.
- Knead well to form a soft dough.Fill this dough into an idiappam press.
- Add 1 tsp grated coconut into the idli plates and squeeze the dough over it.Sprinkle grated coconut over this if desired.
- Steam it for about 10 to 1 5 minutes and serve with egg curry.
NehaJanuary 6, 2012 at 12:31 pm
Very tempting looking dish…Awesome clicks….
divyaJanuary 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm
wat a fantastic recipe…absolute delicious curry..:)
PrathibhaSreejithJanuary 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm
Amazing clicks, one of my fav combo 🙂
RamyaJanuary 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm
lovely clicks..i like this egg curry with appams or pathiri
DESSERTS EVENT. http://ramyasrecipe.blogspot.com/2012/01/abc-series-desserts_06.html
LifewithspicesJanuary 6, 2012 at 2:10 pm
Amazing clicks!!! awesome dish.. perfect with idiyappam..
AarthiJanuary 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm
This looks yummy..You have made it awesome.
FaseelaJanuary 6, 2012 at 3:15 pm
Curry luks awesome……fabulous clicks….lovely combo
TorviewtorontoJanuary 6, 2012 at 3:38 pm
delicious looking combination
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiJanuary 6, 2012 at 3:47 pm
breathtaking pictures. beautiful presentation and needless to say awesome recipe.
wish you and your family a very happy new year.
UnknownJanuary 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm
Flavourful and yummy curry
SravsJanuary 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm
very tempting curry !! awesome clicks !!
Ongoing Event – CC-Chocolate Fest
MythreyiJanuary 6, 2012 at 6:36 pm
in love with your gravy, cutlery and clicks…
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Nalini's KitchenJanuary 6, 2012 at 7:55 pm
flavorful curry and love the combo…awesome clicks….
JulieJanuary 6, 2012 at 8:41 pm
Very tempting ..feeling hungry..yummy!!
Suja ManojJanuary 6, 2012 at 10:28 pm
Beautiful presentation..healthy and yummy breakfast.
khushiJanuary 7, 2012 at 1:02 am
its sooo tempting…..that banana leaf presentation is looking awesome…..lovely dish
TheYummyMorselJanuary 7, 2012 at 5:23 am
Very delicious meal. Just love it.
Prathima RaoJanuary 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm
The curry looks just too yummmmm!!! Love the flavor of coconut milk in this 😉
KalyaniJanuary 8, 2012 at 4:14 am
looks delicious and tempting clicks ….
NamithaJanuary 8, 2012 at 5:16 pm
This is the most liked breakfast combo in my family :-)I would make the egg curry exactly the same, without potatoes.
UnknownJanuary 9, 2012 at 9:17 pm
Beautiful presentation with striking pic! and the sliced egg deserve a WOW!
farah saleemJanuary 31, 2012 at 4:51 am
lovely photography…….lovely food….wish i could just dig in!
WorkingMoMApril 22, 2014 at 10:54 am
Such a yummy dish.. and the beautiful presentation.