Recipe source:Confessions of a Tart
You can find the detailed recipe here
For sweet tart dough
- All purpose flour-1 1/2 cups
- Confectioner’s sugar-1/2 cup
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Butter(unsalted- cut into small pieces)-9 tbsp
- Egg yolk- 1 large
- Combine all purpose flour,sugar and salt.Add butter and mix it lightly using your finger tips until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Now add egg yolk and mix well using a fork.
- Turn the dough onto a clean surface and lightly knead the dough until it comes together.(add 1 or 2 tbsp of ice cold water if the dough is too dry)
- Press the dough into a buttered tart pan (check this one from amazon).
- Prick the bottom with a fork for a few times and freeze the crust for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375deg F .
- Lightly butter an aluminium foil and press the buttered side down onto the crust, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil .If the crust has puffed up,lightly press with th back of a spoon and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes or until it is firm and golden.
For Pastry cream
- Whole milk- 2 cups
- Sugar-1/2 cup+1 tbsp
- Eggs-2 large
- Unsalted butter- 4tbsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Cornstarch-3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Pour milk into a heavy sauce pan .Add salt and bring to just under a boil ,stirring occasionally.
- Mix together sugar,cornstarch and eggs until combined.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup milk into the egg mixture,whisking as you do so.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the hot milk and cook until thick ,whisking continuously.
- Switch off the flame and add vanilla extract and butter,mix well.Allow to cool for 10 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Cover the pastry cream with a plastic wrap, directly over the top of the pastry cream to prevent skin formation.
- Put in the refrigerator to cool.
Fill the crust with pastry cream and arrange sliced strawberries( almost 10 to 15 nos) over the pastry cream in a circle and serve.
FaseelaJanuary 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm
Awesome Dear……………..perfectly done….
Ur Clicks and presentation are always fabulous….great job…keep rocking
Purabi NahaJanuary 8, 2012 at 3:35 pm
This tart looks delish! Loved your photography as well!! Happy new year!
AarthiJanuary 8, 2012 at 3:59 pm
They look mouthwatering…should try it soon..
SravsJanuary 8, 2012 at 4:49 pm
so cute and perfectly baked !! lovely presentation with awesome clicks !!
Ongoing Event – CC-Chocolate Fest
divyaJanuary 9, 2012 at 1:42 am
Wow..that looks super super tempting..nice recipe..
RussellJanuary 9, 2012 at 1:52 am
These little tarts look soo good. I love little treats like this. Yum!
Amina CreationsJanuary 9, 2012 at 1:58 am
wow… tarts look amazing… fabulous presentation… thanks for the visual treat 🙂
Gayathri NGJanuary 9, 2012 at 2:10 am
So pretty n cute tarts…beautifully presented and really appealing to eye!!
NehaJanuary 9, 2012 at 2:40 am
beautifully presented tarts…..
JulieJanuary 9, 2012 at 2:45 am
very cute n lovely..Great clicks!!
Love and other SpicesJanuary 9, 2012 at 5:42 am
ZareenaJanuary 9, 2012 at 10:06 am
mmmmm…… amazing clicks dear. Perfect and mind blowing….
Prathima RaoJanuary 9, 2012 at 11:14 am
Fresh & luscious & stunning tarts!!!
Priya SureshJanuary 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm
Tart looks great n irresistable.
JehanneJanuary 10, 2012 at 4:28 am
I;m a sucker for tarts..and your amazing clicks make me yearn to do a bit of pastry therapy:-)
Suja ManojJanuary 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm
Looks fresh and tempting..lovely clicks
SwathiJanuary 10, 2012 at 8:28 pm
Awesome tart, my little one is fan of strawberry, sure she will like it.
Ganga SreekanthJanuary 11, 2012 at 6:00 am
awesome clicks dear…….. looks yummy and mouthwatering..
Treat and TrickJanuary 11, 2012 at 8:43 am
Great presentation and looks yummy!
AnzzJanuary 11, 2012 at 8:44 am
Tarts look amazing. Even more your photography..! Am in love with your pics..!