Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week I am paired with Swetha of Our cherished world.I chose to make this delicious tomato soup from her blog. You can find the original recipe here.
- Bay leaves- 1 no
- Cloves-5 to 6
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Onion chopped- 1 small
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Tomato- 4 to 5 medium
- Carrot(diced)-1 small(optional)
- Water-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Black pepper powder- to taste
- Salt-to taste
- Cashew cream
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.Add bay leaves and cloves.saute till fragrant.
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Remove the bay leaves and the cloves from the pressure cooker and discard.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add diced carrot and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes ,water ,pepper and salt to taste.Cook until done.
- Open the pressure cooker when stem is completely released.
- Blend it using a hand blender.(For blending ,wait until it cools down a bit.Reheat it just before serving)
- Strain the soup if desired.
- Garnish with cashew cream ( i used home made cashew cream, you can also use store bought cashew and almond cream ,like this one )and coriander leaves.
AarthiJanuary 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm
YUMMY soup ..Thanks for the recipe..Awesome Click..
Priya SureshJanuary 11, 2012 at 5:20 pm
Wat a super comforting soup, feel like having rite now..yummm!!!
Achu's Amma's KitchenJanuary 11, 2012 at 6:42 pm
Yummy soup…presentation is awesome
Chocolate & ChilliesJanuary 11, 2012 at 8:09 pm
Beautiful pics! Soup looks amazing…perfect for these cold winter nights!
Sangeetha MJanuary 11, 2012 at 11:32 pm
this looks so thick and delicious, nice clicks!!
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic
PrathibhaSreejithJanuary 11, 2012 at 11:45 pm
Perfect for the season, soup looks so creamy and yumm 🙂 Lovely clicks as well..
KokilaJanuary 12, 2012 at 12:56 am
Beautiful snap!This looks so thick and delicious.
SravsJanuary 12, 2012 at 1:36 am
Nice thick and wonderful soup !!
Ongoing event CC-Chocolate Fest
Reshmi MaheshJanuary 12, 2012 at 3:37 am
Delicious thick soup…Lovely clicks..
Manju @ Manjus Eating DelightsJanuary 12, 2012 at 3:50 am
That looks great and yumm! Beautiful pics and nice dish 🙂
RadhikaJanuary 12, 2012 at 5:00 am
Pics are so eye catching as always Vidya. Feel like having it right now.
Event : Let’s Cook – Rice
AnishaJanuary 12, 2012 at 5:39 am
That's a rich tomato soup… love the pictures!
UnknownJanuary 12, 2012 at 6:31 am
Love tomato soup..It looks beautiful and delicious!
Gayathri NGJanuary 12, 2012 at 7:03 am
Creamy n yumm soup, nice colour perfect for this season…
Ganga SreekanthJanuary 12, 2012 at 7:51 am
looks absolutely delicious
Prathima RaoJanuary 12, 2012 at 9:01 am
Hearty & healthy!!! Had a nice & inviting color!!!
FaseelaJanuary 12, 2012 at 11:09 am
lovelu soup…attractive clicks
lubnakarim06January 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm
Thick, creamy and yummy…..
Jyoti BabelJanuary 12, 2012 at 3:21 pm
Refreshing pictures.. Tomato soup is my all time fav.. interesting use of whole spice!
@lekshmiJanuary 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm
KalyaniJanuary 13, 2012 at 7:08 am
superlike 🙂 both clicks and the soup !
Magic Mingle challenge for Jan’12 announced
Event : Microwave Easy Cooking (MEC)
RamyaJanuary 13, 2012 at 2:57 pm
comfort soup…absolutely lovely colour and your clicks are awesome..
Santosh BangarJanuary 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm
Treat and TrickJanuary 13, 2012 at 11:37 pm
Great clicks and awesome!
SMJanuary 14, 2012 at 10:07 pm
tasty healthy soup
AnzzJanuary 15, 2012 at 1:16 pm
Simple and elegant clicks. The soup looks creamy and delicious. I am announcing Valentines Special – my 1st blog event and a Giveaway.!. Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..! 🙂