- Idli Batter- 1 & 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Shallots chopped- 1//8 cup
- Curry leaves chopped- 1 tbsp
- Green chillies( chopped)-2 tsp
- Grated coconut- 2tbsp
- Sago pearls (soaked in water for 20 minutes)-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let it splutter,add chopped shallots,curry leaves and green chilies ,saute until shallots turn golden brown.
- Now Add the grated coconut and stir well and switch off the stove.Allow this to cool slightly.
- Now add the sauted shallots ,soaked sago and salt to taste to the idli batter and mix well.
- Heat oil in a paniyaram pan and pour 2 tbsp of batter into each hole and cook over medium low heat until the edges turn golden brown..
- Turn over and cook for a minute or two.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
- Grated Coconut- 1 cup
- Chili powder- 1/2 tsp( or to taste)(i used 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder)
- Ginger-1/4 inch piece
- Shallots- 2 to 3 nos
- Tamarind pulp -1/4 tsp
- Water- as required
- Curry leaves- 2 nos
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilies- 1 to 2 nos
- Curry leaves- few
- Combine all the ingredients ‘to grind’ in a blender and grind to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds ,let it splutter.Add red chilies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds and pour over the chutney.
T's MomJune 16, 2012 at 10:36 am
I just love the chutney and also the way you write the recipe on pictures
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiJune 16, 2012 at 10:46 am
gorgeous clicks…love kuzhi paniyaram and this looks perfect.
RakshaJune 16, 2012 at 12:39 pm
hey the clicks are great.
TorviewtorontoJune 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm
beautiful pictures deliciously done paniyaram i will remember the sago next time I make 🙂
Spice up the CurryJune 16, 2012 at 1:33 pm
this is so beautiful.. looks very delicious.
What's Baking??June 16, 2012 at 2:45 pm
This is a perfect meal for me..serve me with a glass of mango lassi and it'll be happy days for me.
UnknownJune 16, 2012 at 4:05 pm
yummy yummy kuzhi paniyarams… and the coconut chutney s so delectable
MythreyiJune 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Love the presentation and Delicious Clicks…
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Ganga SreekanthJune 17, 2012 at 6:01 am
my favourite….nice clicks:)
Priya SureshJune 17, 2012 at 10:03 am
Looks marvellous,irresistible and yummy..makes me hungry.
ShabbuJune 17, 2012 at 11:26 am
Delicious and nice presentation…
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen
Princy VinothJune 17, 2012 at 5:10 pm
love the clicks!
Rathai's recipeJune 17, 2012 at 8:08 pm
Stunning pictures! The first picture is priceless. So beautiful – like out of a magazine! The paniyarams and the chutney are equally droolworthy.
Gayathri NGJune 18, 2012 at 3:15 am
Looks so authentic and yummy cute paniyaram, perfect with coconut chutney. Nice combo!!
TinaJune 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm
What a lovely clicks dear…So tempting and beautiful.
Reshmi MaheshJune 20, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Kuzhi paniyaram with coconut chutney is one tempting preparatio…Love this…Beautiful clicks and loved the recipe cards..
AnonymousJune 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm
My friend used to make these for me 🙂 Again .. lovely setup! I can't stop pinning from your blog 🙂
RichaJune 21, 2012 at 7:00 pm
i love love the pictures! and that beautiful coconut chutney.. this must make such an amazing breakfast. love the first picture. very eye catching composition.
Shanthi KrishnakumarJune 22, 2012 at 9:01 am
Looks really lovely and delicious
CookwellJune 22, 2012 at 3:08 pm
looks so superb. one of my favs. First time here. really loved your space. happy to follow you :).
viniJune 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm
beautiful clicks.. made my mouth water.. specially teh chutney.. awesome..love the name of your blog!!
Hardy PartyMarch 12, 2013 at 4:34 pm
what is 11/2 for the Idil batter measurement – Idli Batter- 11/2 cup
Hardy PartyMarch 12, 2013 at 4:38 pm
Also are you using Sago powder or pearls?
KurryleavesMarch 13, 2013 at 12:50 pm
@ hardy party ,you need to use sago pearls for the recipe…and regarding the measurement it is 1 and 1/2 cups of idili batter.Hope it is clear..do let me know
Happy cooking..and thanks a lot for visiting
Hardy PartyMarch 13, 2013 at 2:23 pm
Thank you 🙂