Learn how to make chicken nuggets from scratch
Learn how to make crispy chicken nuggets.
- 400 gms chicken Boneless,cut into 1 and 1/2 " pieces
- 1/2 +1/8 tsp oregano
- black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/8 tsp Chili powder or according to your spice level
- 1 large Egg beaten
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients listed under 'for marination' along with the chicken.Mix well and refrigerated for 2 to 3 hours or atleast 30 minutes.After marination,drain the chicken (squeeze well to remove excess liquid from the chicken),and 1/2 tsp oregano and more black pepper powder and salt to taste.
- In a bowl,combine together all purpose flour,cornflour,1/8 tsp oregano,chili powder and a pinch of salt.Add the drained chicken and mix well until evenly coated.
- Take the beaten egg and the bread crumbs in tow separate bowls.
- Dip each chicken piece in the beaten egg and roll in the breadcrumbs to coat evenly.
- Transfer onto a plate and repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan ,over medium flame .Deep fry the nuggets in small batches ,turning sides once or twice in between ,until golden brown on all the sides.
- Drain on to a kitchen towel and serve with tomato ketchup,potato wedges/sweet potato fries,if desired.
- 1 cup=250 ml
- Adjust the quantity of black pepper powder according to your taste.
Serve the chicken nuggets with tomato ketchup, baked potato wedges or baked sweet potato fries, if desired.