- Green gram / cherupayar / mung beans -cooked- 1 cup
- Jaggery-grated-1/2 cup
- Water-2 to 3 tbsp
- Grated coconut- 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Ginger powder- 1 pinch
- Cumin powder- 1 pinch ( optional)
- Oil-For deep frying
- All purpose flour-1/4 cup
- Rice powder- 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp (optional)
- Water -as required
- Salt- 1 pinch
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add jaggery and 2 tbsp water.Cook until it is thick, over medium low flame.
- Now add grated coconut,mix well and cook for a minute on low flame.
- Next add cooked green gram and saute for about 5 minutes or until it is almost dry.Switch off the stove.
- Add cardamom,ginger and cumin powder and mix thoroughly .Allow it to cool slightly.Roll this into lemon sized balls.
- Combine all the ingredients listed under “for batter” to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.Dip each balls into the batter to coat it evenly and deep fry until golden brown.
Do not over cook mung bean.
You can roll the filling into slightly larger balls ,if desired.
RakshaJanuary 28, 2013 at 4:36 pm
wow, feeling like having it right now
Manju @ Manjus Eating DelightsJanuary 28, 2013 at 7:34 pm
I love Sukhiyan…one of my aunt always has the sukhiyan balls (before its dipped in batter) ready in her fridge…anytime guests come home, she'll just make the batter and instant sukhiyan is ready 🙂
NehaJanuary 29, 2013 at 3:39 am
Lovely snack…never had it before, but will try it…
LifewithspicesJanuary 29, 2013 at 6:59 am
lovely looking clicks.. n yummy sukhiyan..
Vimitha DuraiJanuary 29, 2013 at 8:13 am
Its my favorite. Its been a while since I made these. Will try this weekend. Yum
Prathima RaoJanuary 29, 2013 at 10:20 am
wow…such lovely clicks!! These fritters are very new to me…Looks delicious..
great-secret-of-lifeJanuary 29, 2013 at 12:50 pm
lovely shots. looks so yummy and tempting
Priya SureshJanuary 30, 2013 at 1:20 pm
Love to munch my favourite sukhiyan rite now,one of my fav.
www.mahaslovelyhome.comJanuary 30, 2013 at 7:42 pm
Very interesting and delicious recipe…would like to try this, thanks for sharing!
Love2cook MalaysiaJanuary 31, 2013 at 8:37 am
This is my fave!!! You made them perfect!
UnknownJanuary 30, 2014 at 3:59 am
Awesome dish.. so easy description.. thanks
UnknownAugust 11, 2016 at 6:17 am
How many can u make with the quantities ?