Makes: about 25 to 30 nos
- Thuvara Parippu / Toor Dal /Split pegion pea–
- Ginger-finely chopped-
- Green chilies-chopped-
2 to 3 tbsp( or to taste)
- Curry leaves-chopped-
2 to 3 sprigs
- Dry Red chilies-chopped-
for deep frying
- Wash and soak split pegion peas/thuvara parippu in water for about 2 hours.
- Drain well (you will find it difficult to shape the vadas , if there is excess water)
- Grind it to form a coarse paste.
- Transfer this to a mixing bowl.Add shallots,ginger,green chilies,curry leaves,dry red chilies and salt to taste.Mix well.
- Make small balls from this and shape it into patties.Gently flatten the edges ,if desired.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the patties until it turns golden brown, oven a medium heat.
- You can add a pinch of asafoetida to the mixture ,if desired.
great-secret-of-lifeOctober 1, 2013 at 2:29 pm
perfect snack.. my fav
UnknownOctober 1, 2013 at 7:22 pm
Clicks make me so hungry. Can you use Chana Dal instead, I only have that at home. (Still learning how to distinguish my dals!)
coralcrueOctober 1, 2013 at 7:31 pm
oh my God! this pictures are tempting my like CRAZY!! I was almost thinking of making them right now….I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant. but it's midnight and I ate a heavy dinner.
Arpit Kothari - SEO ExpertOctober 2, 2013 at 8:32 am
We like this food, and we like to invite you to upload your unusual delicious & unexplored recipe on Find best dishes at restaurants in Ahmedabad
ShellaOctober 6, 2013 at 10:33 pm
Hi. Hope you are doing great… I have passed on two awards to you. Enjoy them, coz you deserve them. Hugs to you