Makes: about 25 to 30 nos
- Thuvara Parippu / Toor Dal /Split pegion pea–
- Ginger-finely chopped-
- Green chilies-chopped-
2 to 3 tbsp( or to taste)
- Curry leaves-chopped-
2 to 3 sprigs
- Dry Red chilies-chopped-
for deep frying
- Wash and soak split pegion peas/thuvara parippu in water for about 2 hours.
- Drain well (you will find it difficult to shape the vadas , if there is excess water)
- Grind it to form a coarse paste.
- Transfer this to a mixing bowl.Add shallots,ginger,green chilies,curry leaves,dry red chilies and salt to taste.Mix well.
- Make small balls from this and shape it into patties.Gently flatten the edges ,if desired.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the patties until it turns golden brown, oven a medium heat.
- You can add a pinch of asafoetida to the mixture ,if desired.