Recipe adapted from: Modern Kerala Dishes-Mrs K.M Mathew
- Carrot -cut into 2″ long, thin strips)- 1 cup
- Grated coconut-3/4 cup
- Shallots-sliced-1/4 cup
- Green chilies-chopped-1 tsp ( or to taste)
- Ginger chopped-1/4 tsp
- Kudampuli /Kokum- 1 small piece
- Curry leaves- few
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil- 1 to 2 tsp
- Water -as required
- Coarsely grind together grated coconut and shallots.
- In a pan or manchatti ,combine together sliced carrot,coconut mixture and the remaining ingredients.Sprinkle water as required.
- Cover and cook until done and it is almost dry.
- Serve with rice.
Love2cook MalaysiaMarch 30, 2013 at 12:13 pm
Delicious combo…and shots 😉
great-secret-of-lifeMarch 30, 2013 at 2:57 pm
perfectly done.. looks so yummy
UnknownMarch 30, 2013 at 3:58 pm
nice curry…looks good
UnknownApril 1, 2013 at 1:54 pm
wow healthy curry,yum!!!
platiniMay 25, 2014 at 2:57 am
you should explain this cooking process a little more elaborately.. for starters you know… 🙁