Recipe adapted from www.vahrehvah.com
- Paneer- cubed- 1 cup
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Onion-chopped finely-2 medium sized
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Green chilies-cut into two-2 or 3 nos( or according to taste)
- Kashmiri chili powder-1/2 to 1 tsp
- Coriander powder-11/2 tsp
- Tomato-roughly chopped- 1 medium sized
- Capsicum – 1/2 of a small
- Onion -cubed- 1 small
- Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves- 1/2 tsp
- Water-as required
- Roasted cashewnuts-4 to 5 nos( optional)
- Fresh cream- 1 tbsp(optional)
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves-chopped- 1 tbsp( optional)
- Salt to taste
- Soak paneer in hot water until required.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion ,turmeric powder and salt,cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until onion turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.Add green chilies and mix well.
- Reduce flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder and coriander powder and saute for a minute.Add 1/4 cup water and saute until oil separates.
- Grind together chopped tomato and capsicum to a fine paste and add to this.Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in required amount of water to achieve desired consistency.Bring it to a boil.
- Add cubed onion and crushed kasuri methi.Add salt as required.Mix well.
- Add drained paneer and bring it to a boil.
- Add coarsely powdered cashew nuts , fresh cream and garam masala.Mix well and cook for few more seconds.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Reshmi MaheshApril 1, 2013 at 5:31 pm
Paneer do pyaza looks very delicious and beautiful clicks…
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiApril 1, 2013 at 5:35 pm
what a lovely refreshing recipe. never tried this one.
Angie's RecipesApril 1, 2013 at 5:43 pm
Looks saucy and delicious!
UnknownApril 1, 2013 at 7:59 pm
This is looking so delicious. Just perfect to mop up with the chapatti s. kollam! Shella
hotpotcookingApril 1, 2013 at 8:05 pm
Curry looks rich anddelicious
Suja ManojApril 1, 2013 at 10:30 pm
Rich and super tempting paneer do pyaza..perfectly made.
Priya SureshApril 1, 2013 at 10:55 pm
Beautifully done, who can resist to this wonderful,super flavourful paneer do pyaza.
great-secret-of-lifeApril 2, 2013 at 1:12 am
wow! looks too good will try soon as kids love it
SumeeApril 2, 2013 at 3:12 am
looks delicious! My kids love anything and everything in paneer
LavanyaApril 2, 2013 at 9:39 am
Latest Post – Pista Kulfi Dessert
UnknownApril 3, 2013 at 2:49 am
Looks do delucious…nice color