- Nendrapazham/Ripe plantain(cut into bite sized pieces)- 1 no
- Green chili(cut lengthwise)- 2nos
- Chili powder- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut- 1/4cup
- Cumin seeds/jeerakam- 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt- 3/4 cup
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds/Uluva- 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Red chilies- 3 nos
- Shallots /Chumanulli sliced- 2 nos(optional)
- Grind grated coconut and cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
- Cook plantain/nendrapazham with green chilies,chili powder , turmeric powder and enough water.Once it is cooked and is soft add the ground coconut and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add yogurt immediately and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add mustard seeds and let it splutter .
- Add fenugreek seeds,curry leaves,red chilies and shallots.Saute till done .
- Pour it over the pulishery and mix gently.
- Serve with rice.
TorviewtorontoJuly 7, 2011 at 9:51 pm
delicious flavours looks wonderful
UnknownJuly 7, 2011 at 10:29 pm
Yum, that sounds delicious 🙂
ariaJune 24, 2016 at 5:33 am
This sounds very interesting. Is it possible to make it with raw Nendrapazham? Or does it have to be ripe?
Vismaya!!September 25, 2017 at 4:43 pm
How do you get the bright yellow colour.i tried the recipe..was too yummy..but the color was a normal turmeric yellow