Easy Chana Masala.
- Dry chickpeas-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Kashmiri chili powder-1 tsp(or to taste)
- Coriander powder-1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder-3/4 tsp
- Green chili( cut vertically)-1 no
- Water-1 and 3/4 to 2 cups
- Chopped Coriander leaves-2 tbsp
- Oil-as required
- Salt-to taste
To grind together
- Diced Onion-1 large
- Diced Tomato-1 large
- Ginger-1″ piece
- Garlic-2 small cloves
- Soak chickpeas overnight (or for about 8 hrs).Drain ,rinse well and keep aside.
- Grind together all the ingredients listed under’to grind’ to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the prepared onion- tomato paste.Cook for few minutes,stirring well in between, until oil starts to separate.
- Reduce flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,garam masala and green chili.Mix well and cook for about a minute.
- Add water,chickpeas and salt to taste.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Open the cooker when the pressure is released and add chopped coriander leaves.( if you require a thicker gravy place cooker on a medium heat and cook until desired consistency is reached.