Pineapple in coconut and yogurt gravy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 to 5
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Pineapple,chopped- 1 Cup
- Green chilies,sliced- 1 ( or according to taste)
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Sugar /grated Jaggery- 1 or 2 tsp( or according to taste)
- Yogurt – 3/4 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1/8 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Mustard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Dry red chilies- 1 or 2
- Oil- as required
- In a blender combine together grated coconut ,cumin seeds and water ,grind to form a smooth paste.Keep aside.
- In a pan,add pineapple ,green chilies ,turmeric powder ,salt and sufficient quantity of water.Cook until it turns soft .Next add the coconut-cumin paste and sugar/jaggery ( if using),mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.Make sure that the water is completely absorbed and mixture is thick.
- Crush 1/8 tsp mustard seeds using a mortar and pestle.Add this to the curry and mix well.Switch off the stove and allow this to cool slightly.
- Add yogurt and mix well until combined.Add more salt ,if required.
- Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add curry leaves and dry red chilies and saute for few seconds.Add this to the curry and mix well.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar /jaggery according to the sweetness of the pineapple used.
Happy’s CookAugust 13, 2014 at 1:59 am
want to try it for this Onam… innovative clicks…
TehmeenaAugust 13, 2014 at 9:29 am
different recipe.. looks quite good 🙂 yummmy
UnknownNovember 23, 2014 at 4:31 pm
looks great. what do you serve along with this recipe?
UnknownFebruary 23, 2019 at 12:16 pm
IndyJune 25, 2016 at 9:32 am
Will try it soon!
UnknownDecember 27, 2019 at 5:50 am
Nice recipe …..will try soon ….:)