- Grated Paneer- 1 cup
- Ginger -finely chopped- 1/2 tsp
- Garlic -finely chopped- 1/2 tsp
- Onion -chopped- 1 medium sized
- Green chili-finely chopped-1 no
- Red chili powder-1/4 tsp ( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Tomato-finely chopped- 1 small
- Coriander leaves- chopped- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.Add ginger and garlic.Saute until raw smell leaves.
- Next add onion and green chilies.Saute until onion turns translucent.
- Reduce the flame to low and add red chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder and garam masala.Saute for few seconds and add chopped tomato.Cook until it is soft.
- Add grated paneer and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.( add few tbsp of water if required)
- Cover and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.Remove the lid and stir well,cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Notes:i used 1/2 tsp kashmiri chili powder instead of red chili powder.You can also add cooked(or frozen) green peas and chopped capsicum along with paneer, if desired.
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiMay 20, 2013 at 12:05 pm
one f the most comforting meal. wonderful clicks
Priya SureshMay 20, 2013 at 3:18 pm
The colour of the dish itself is very pleasing and attractive,delicious paneer bhurji.
great-secret-of-lifeMay 20, 2013 at 4:14 pm
my kids fav.. nicely done