Recipe Source: Sanjeev Kapoor
- Mushroom- sliced- 200 gms
- Green peas- 1 cup
- Cinnamon – 2″ piece
- Cardamom- 4 nos
- Onion-chopped finely- 2 nos
- Ginger paste-2 tsp
- Garlic poaste- 2 tsp
- Tomato puree- 1/2 cup
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Cashew nut paste -1/2 cup ( see notes)
- Salt to taste
- Water- as required
- Heat oil in a pan add cinnamon ,cardamom and onion.Saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Next add tomato puree ,chili,coriander,turmeric and garam masala powder and salt to taste.Saute until oil separates or masala starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Now add cashew nut paste mixed with 1 cup water.Add more water as required.Bring this to a boil.
- Add green peas and mushrooms.Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes on high or until it is almost done .Cook for 5 more minutes on a low flame ,until the gravy turns thick.
- Add chopped coriander and serve with rice or roti.
- To make cashew nut paste,soak 15 to 18 cashew nuts in water for about 30 minutes ,and grind it to form a smooth paste.
great-secret-of-lifeJuly 25, 2013 at 3:59 pm
looks so tempting and yummy
Sayantani Mahapatra MudiJuly 25, 2013 at 5:18 pm
love this type of creamy mushroom matar. lovely sunny clicks.
ShreeJuly 26, 2013 at 3:13 am
awesome clicks !
SonaJuly 26, 2013 at 9:12 am
nice clicks, looks delicious.
divyaJuly 26, 2013 at 8:29 pm
Ohhhh mouth watering!!!!!!thanx for the recipe
UnknownAugust 12, 2013 at 2:40 am
Love this delicious gravy.