Egg and green peas kurma
Recipe source : Magic Oven-Lakshmi Nair.
Kerala style egg and green peas curry with coconut milk.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5 people
- Hard boiled eggs- 5 nos
- Onion,finely sliced-2 large
- Green chilies,cut vertically-4 to 5 nos( or to taste)
- Coriander powder-1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Tomato,pureed-2 medium
- Potato,boiled and diced- 2 small( see notes)
- Green peas,cooked and drained-1/2 cup( see notes)
- Thin coconut milk-1.5 cups
- Thick coconut milk-1/2 cup
- Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves-to garnish
- Coconut oil-as required
- Salt-to taste
For Masala paste:
- Whole black pepper- 1 tsp( see notes)
- Cinnamon-1″ piece
- Cloves- 3 to 4 nos
- Cardamom-3 nos
- Ginger-1″ piece
- Garlic-4 small cloves
- I used about 1 and 1/4 cups cooked green peas,and omitted the potatoes.
- The original recipe calls for 1.5 tsp of whole black pepper.Adjust the quantity according to your spice level.
UnknownJanuary 6, 2014 at 4:04 am
Like all your egg collection. Egg and peas make a perfect combo indeed.
foodgalleriJanuary 6, 2014 at 2:41 pm
I wud lov to try this with rotis..
Rumana RawatJanuary 6, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Looks warn and yummy…