- Beetroot-finely chopped/grated-
- Onion-finely chopped-
- Green chilies-cut vertically-
1 or 2 nos ( according to taste)
- Curry leaves–
- Ginger-finely chopped-
1/4 tsp( see notes)
- Grated coconut–
1/2 cup heaped(see notes)
- Turmeric powder–
- Mustard seeds–
- In a large mixing bowl,combine together beetroot,onion,green chilies,curry leaves,ginger,grated coconut,turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add the beetroot mixture and stir well.Bring everything to the center of the pan to make a heap.Cover and cook until done for about 5 – 6 minutes on a low flame.
- Uncover and saute for 1 – 2 minutes.Serve with rice.
- Adjust the quantity of grated coconut according to your taste.