Serves:3 to 4
Recipe adapted from : Manorama
- Kanava /Squid-(cut into small pieces)-
- Turmeric powder–
- Kudampuli /Fish tamarind–
2 small pieces
- Mustard seeds–
- Fenugreek seeds–
- Curry leaves–
- Green chilies-(cut vertically)-
2 to 3 nos( or to taste)
- Coriander powder–
- Kashmiri chili powder–
1/2 tsp( or to taste)
- Fennel powder–
- Grated coconut–
3/4 to 1 cup
- In a pan combine together kanava/squid,1/4 tsp turmeric powder ,kudampuli and salt.Cover and cook until done.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ( or a manchatti ),add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add fenugreek seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add curry leaves,shallots,green chilies,ginger and garlic.Saute until it turns golden brown.
- Now add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,coriander powder ,kashmiri chili powder and fennel powder.Saute for few seconds.
- Now add grated coconut and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.
- Add cooked kanava/squid and mix well.cook for few more minutes. Add more curry leaves ,if required.