Serves:3 to 4
Recipe adapted from : Manorama
- Kanava /Squid-(cut into small pieces)-
- Turmeric powder–
- Kudampuli /Fish tamarind–
2 small pieces
- Mustard seeds–
- Fenugreek seeds–
- Curry leaves–
- Green chilies-(cut vertically)-
2 to 3 nos( or to taste)
- Coriander powder–
- Kashmiri chili powder–
1/2 tsp( or to taste)
- Fennel powder–
- Grated coconut–
3/4 to 1 cup
- In a pan combine together kanava/squid,1/4 tsp turmeric powder ,kudampuli and salt.Cover and cook until done.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ( or a manchatti ),add mustard seeds and let it splutter.Add fenugreek seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add curry leaves,shallots,green chilies,ginger and garlic.Saute until it turns golden brown.
- Now add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,coriander powder ,kashmiri chili powder and fennel powder.Saute for few seconds.
- Now add grated coconut and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.
- Add cooked kanava/squid and mix well.cook for few more minutes. Add more curry leaves ,if required.
Rumana RawatSeptember 12, 2013 at 7:30 pm
Tasty looking kanava thoran..
Happy’s CookSeptember 13, 2013 at 4:44 pm
yummy… mouthwatering clicks and recipe
ZareenaSeptember 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm
HungryCookOctober 1, 2013 at 8:04 am
AnonymousOctober 31, 2013 at 10:40 am
I visited my friend yesterday to his house and he served me this dish. It's very tasty and incredible. That's why I decided to look out on the internet to see its ingredients. And I'm sure this blog will help me a lot to cook the squid stir fry.
Easy Stir Fry
Comrade JMarch 9, 2014 at 8:03 am
I tried out your recipe and it came really well. The second time when I made this thoran, I added the kanava first and then coconut. Coconut didnt stick to the meenchatti that way .
Thanks a lot for sharing !!!
KurryleavesMarch 31, 2014 at 12:19 pm
Thank you dear !!!im happy that it worked well for you…and thanks for sharing your trick!!