- Carrot-finely chopped/grated-2 cups
- Onion-finely chopped-1/4 cup
- Green chilies-cut vertically-1 or 2 nos( according to taste)
- Curry leaves-few
- Ginger-finely chopped-1/4 tsp( see notes)
- Grated coconut-1/4 to 1/2 cup(see notes)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-as required
- In a large mixing bowl,combine together carrot,onion,green chilies,curry leaves,ginger,grated coconut , turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter.Add the carrot mixture and stir well.Bring everything to the center of the pan to make a heap.Cover and cook until done for about 5 – 6 minutes on a low flame.
- Uncover and saute for 1 – 2 minutes.Serve with rice.
- Adjust the quantity of grated coconut according to your taste.I used 1/4 cup and a bit more.
great-secret-of-lifeAugust 20, 2013 at 9:59 am
healthy stir fry.. Love Thoran for it's simplicity
UnknownAugust 20, 2013 at 11:06 am
Delicious stir fry…
UnknownAugust 20, 2013 at 11:48 am
Like the way how you click each picture… simply good.
Happy’s CookAugust 20, 2013 at 11:48 am
healthy and delicious stir fry…
ｒｉｋａ＠ｖｍAugust 23, 2013 at 9:48 am
That is divine!
SriFebruary 24, 2018 at 1:43 pm
How many servings and what size servings does this recipe make?
KurryleavesMarch 1, 2018 at 8:10 am
serves 3 to 4
UnknownMarch 6, 2018 at 7:16 am
Using your recipe as a staple now.it's really good. Thanks!
KurryleavesMarch 9, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Thank You for the feedback.