Kerala Egg Puffs
Kerala style spicy egg puffs
Prep Time: 10
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 puffs
- Puff pastry sheets/squares-4 to 6 nos
- Hard boiled eggs-2 to 3 nos( cut vertically into two)
- Onion,sliced-1.5 cups
- Ginger and garlic,finely chopped-1 tsp
- Curry leaves,chopped-1 tsp
- Kashmirichili powder-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Tomato kechup-1 to 2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-as required
- Egg,(beaten)-1 small( for egg wash)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.Keep aside.Preheat oven to 190 deg C.
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion,ginger,garlic and curry leaves.Saute until onion turns golden brown.( add salt to speed up the process)
- Reduce heat to low, add kashmiri chili powder,black pepper powder,turmeric powder and garam masala.Cook for a minute or two,stirring continuously.Add more salt if required
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.Allow this to cool slightly.Divide this equally into 4 or 6 (depending upon how spicy you like it.)
- Spoon the prepared masala to the center of the pastry square,and place one half of a hard boiled egg on the top.
- Fold all the corners to the center,gently press with your finger to seal.
- Brush the top with egg wash.Repeat the steps for all the puffs pastry squares.
- Place the puffs on the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with tomato ketchup,if desired.
- If you are using frozen puff pastry sheets ,let it thaw completely either overnight in the refrigerator or for 1 hour at room temperature,before using it.