Recipe source: Rakskitchen, you can find the original recipe here.
- Corn flour–
- Cardamom powder–
- Soak saffron in 3 tbsp warm milk.Keep aside.
- To prepare Rabri,bring milk to a boil, in a saucepan.Add saffron and cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp milk.Mix well and cook until it turns slightly thick.Add cardamom powder ,mix well and keep aside.
- To prepare sugar syrup,combine sugar with few tbsp of water and cook until it turns thick.
- Cut the bread into triangular pieces.Shallow fry / deep fry it in ghee,until it turns golden brown.
- Fry the nuts in the same pan ,drain and keep aside.
- Soak the bread pieces in the prepared sugar syrup for a minute, and transfer it onto the serving bowl/plate.
- Pour the prepared rabri over the bread pieces.Serve warm or chilled.
- Add few drops of rose essence to the rabri,if desired.
- If you don’t want to use cornflour,reduce a liter of milk to half,by cooking over a medium low flame.
- You can add 1 or 2 tbsp of the remaining sugar syrup to the rabri ,if desired.
Vimitha DuraiOctober 23, 2013 at 7:49 pm
Ah fit for a king. Too delicious to even look at
Priya SureshOctober 23, 2013 at 10:56 pm
That bowl is just killing me..Fantastic feast..
ROctober 24, 2013 at 12:28 am
looks rich and delicious!
LifewithspicesOctober 24, 2013 at 4:45 am
SonaOctober 24, 2013 at 5:32 am
Looks very delicious and yummy..
great-secret-of-lifeOctober 24, 2013 at 2:12 pm
delicious and easy dessert
UnknownOctober 24, 2013 at 4:42 pm
Super yummy !! All time fav quick dish
UnknownDecember 29, 2013 at 7:38 pm
You are the best! OMG YOUR PHOTOS ARE AMAZING! and so good that i finally found a great indian food blog