Karnataka style Mackerel fry
Recipe adapted from : Flavors of India
Karnataka style semolina coated Mackerel fry.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Mackerel,cleaned- 1/2 Kg( 7 to 8 small)
- Kashmiri red chili(whole)-7 to 8 nos(or to taste)
- Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/8 tsp
- Tamarind pulp-1/8 tsp( or to taste – see notes)
- Garlic-3 to 4 large cloves
- Water-as required
- Salt-to taste
- Semolina / Rava-1/4 cup ( or as required)
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs( optional)
- Oil-For shallow frying
- I used 1 tsp vinegar instead of tamarind pulp.
- Make sure the fish is just lightly coated with semolina/rava.
nandoos kitchenFebruary 18, 2014 at 2:59 pm
tasty fish fry
divyaFebruary 18, 2014 at 4:09 pm
looks mouthwatering n delicious fish fry…….awesome clicks..
PreethaFebruary 18, 2014 at 4:43 pm
Very tasty i have had this.. they are not very spicy compared to Kerala fry..
Vimitha DuraiFebruary 18, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Super duper color and yummy fry
UnknownJuly 2, 2017 at 11:01 pm