Quick ,easy and delicious pineapple kheer /Pudding
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 to 10
- Sago pearls /Chowari-1 cup( approx 200 gms)
- Pineapple,chopped- 1 cup,heaped
- Sugar- 3 to 4 tbsp ( or according to taste)
- Milk(Full fat)-1 ltr
- Condensed milk- 1 tin( 400 gm)
- Water-as required
- Gently wash sago and drain well.Cook sago with plenty of water ( about 5 to 6 cups) until it turns translucent.Drain well and add cold water to avoid sticking.
- Drain the sago pearls and keep aside.Finely chop the pineapple pieces.
- In a pan,combine together chopped pineapple and 1 tbsp sugar.Cook for few minutes or until it turns almost dry.Allow this to cool completely.Keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan,combine together milk and condensed milk.Bring it to just under a boil.
- Now add cooked sago pearls and sugar to taste.Mix well and cook for few minutes ,stirring continuously until it turns slightly thick.Allow it to cool completely.
- Once it has cooled ,add the cooked pineapple and mix well.Serve chilled.