Spicy Chinese style Dragon chicken
Prep Time: 20
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Boneless Chicken,cut into 2″ long strips – 250 to 300 gms
- Cashew nuts- 10 to 12 nos
- Dry red chilies- 2 ( cut into 2 )
- Celery,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Ginger,finely chopped- 1 tsp
- Garlic,finely chopped- 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Onion ,chopped- 1 medium
- Carrot,sliced- 1 tbsp
- Bell pepper,sliced – 1/2 cup
- Red chili paste – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce- 1.5 tbsp
- Soya sauce- 1.5 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- as required
- Spring onion,chopped – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce-1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp( or to taste)
- Red chili paste – 1 tsp( see notes)
- Egg white-1
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a bowl,combine together all the ingredients listed under’ For Marination’.Rub this onto the chicken pieces and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.Deep fry the chicken pieces until golden and tender .Drain and keep aside.( you can also bake the chicken pieces as i did.For baking preheat oven to 180 deg C,place the chicken pieces onto a greased baking tray ,without overlapping and bake for about 15 to 18 minutes,turning once in between.)
- To prepare the sauce,heat oil in a pan,add cashew nuts and saute until it turns slightly golden.Next add,dry red chilies,celery,ginger ,garlic and red chili flakes.Saute until raw smell leaves.
- Now add onion and carrot and saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Next add bell pepper and saute for a minute or two.
- Add red chili paste,tomato sauce , soya sauce and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.Next add 1/4 cup water and cook for about few minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Next add the fried chicken and mix well until combined.Add chopped spring onion and serve with rice /noodles.
- To prepare red chili paste,soak Kashmiri chilies /Bigdi chilies in warm water for about 10 minutes and grind to form a smooth paste.Remove the seeds from the chilies ,if you like it less spicy.