Kaju Katli- Poular Indian sweet made using cashew nuts.(Gluten Free cashew nut fudge)-
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
Recipe source: Vegrecipesofindia, you can find the original recipe here.
- Cashew nuts – 1 Cup( at room temperature)
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Water – 5 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp( for vegan version use coconut oil)
- Saffron – 1 small pinch( or use 1 tsp rose petals)-this is optional
- Grind cashew nuts to form a fine powder.( Be careful not to grind it too much,or you will end up with cashew nut butter).keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan,combine together sugar and water.Cook over low flame until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now add cashew nut powder and mix well.Cook over low flame,stirring continuously.
- Cook the cashew nut mixture for about 7 to 9 minutes ,till the whole mixture comes together and turns more like a soft dough.Transfer the cashew nut mixture onto a plate.
- Add ghee and saffron /rose petals ( if using).When the heat of the mixture is fine to handle,knead the mixture lightly.( if the mixture is dry,you can add 1 or 2 tsp of milk).
- Place the warm dough on a parchment paper or a greased plate. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top .Using a rolling pin,roll the dough to a thickness of 3 to 5 mm.
- Cut into diamonds using a sharp knife.Allow it to cool completely.Store in an airtight container.
- Sieve the cashew nut powder to remove tiny bits ,if desired.
TorviewtorontoJune 25, 2014 at 7:26 pm
MythreyiJune 26, 2014 at 4:56 am
Looks like the store bought one, Nice Pictorial Instructions!
ManjuJune 27, 2014 at 12:31 pm
CookieJuly 23, 2017 at 2:31 am
Hi my Grandmother use to make something called cashew nut toffee, it wasn't a toffee,it was like these ingredients but boiled and coconut was added to it ad poured In to tins similar to how coconut ice was made, she was from Indian, does anybody know of this and a recipe thank you