Kaju Katli- Poular Indian sweet made using cashew nuts.(Gluten Free cashew nut fudge)-
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
Recipe source: Vegrecipesofindia, you can find the original recipe here.
- Cashew nuts – 1 Cup( at room temperature)
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Water – 5 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp( for vegan version use coconut oil)
- Saffron – 1 small pinch( or use 1 tsp rose petals)-this is optional
- Grind cashew nuts to form a fine powder.( Be careful not to grind it too much,or you will end up with cashew nut butter).keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan,combine together sugar and water.Cook over low flame until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now add cashew nut powder and mix well.Cook over low flame,stirring continuously.
- Cook the cashew nut mixture for about 7 to 9 minutes ,till the whole mixture comes together and turns more like a soft dough.Transfer the cashew nut mixture onto a plate.
- Add ghee and saffron /rose petals ( if using).When the heat of the mixture is fine to handle,knead the mixture lightly.( if the mixture is dry,you can add 1 or 2 tsp of milk).
- Place the warm dough on a parchment paper or a greased plate. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top .Using a rolling pin,roll the dough to a thickness of 3 to 5 mm.
- Cut into diamonds using a sharp knife.Allow it to cool completely.Store in an airtight container.
- Sieve the cashew nut powder to remove tiny bits ,if desired.