Beetroot in coconut and yogurt sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 to 5
- Beetroot, grated – 1/2 cup
- Green chilies,sliced – 1
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 fat pinch
- Yogurt – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
- Water – as required
- Salt- to taste( see notes)
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Dry Red chilies,cut it into two – 2
- Shallots,sliced – 2 or 3
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coconut oil – as required
- In a pan,add beetroot,green chilies and sufficient quantity of water.Cook until beetroot turns tender.
- Grind together coconut and cumin seeds with sufficient quantity of water to form a fine paste.
- Next add the coconut paste to the beetroot and cook for a minute or two.Add salt to taste and switch off the stove.Allow this to cool slightly and add yogurt and mix well.
- Crush mustard seeds ( using a mortar and pestle) and add it to the curry.Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,let it splutter .Add red chilies,shallots and curry leaves and saute until it turns golden brown.Add this to the curry and mix well.Add more salt if required.Serve with rice.
UnknownDecember 31, 2014 at 7:07 pm
Colourful dish.I am also trying these traditional dishes and also have detailed them in my blog-www.swaadhmantra.blogspot.com
linoyFebruary 17, 2016 at 2:42 pm
How long or how many days we can use this curry in fresh condition.we can store it jar for daily use
KurryleavesMarch 2, 2016 at 6:37 am
You can store this fridge for 2 to 3 days.