Oats- Moong Dal Tikki
Healthy and delicious oats and moong dal tikki /pattie.
Recipe Source: Tarla Dalal,You can find the original recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 Tikkis
- Yellow Moong dal /split yellow gram- 1/2 cup
- Quick cooking rolled oats – 1/2 cup
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Onion,grated – 3 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic,paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilies,finely chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1.5 to 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1.5 to 2 tsp( according to taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped – 2 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash and soak Moong dal in plenty of water for about 2 hours.Drain and cook with about 1 cup water until soft and all the water has evaporated.Allow it to cool completely.Blend the dal in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- In a bowl,combine together together dal with the rest of the ingredients ( except oil).Mix well until combined.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into round flat tikkies/patties.Heat a non stick pan,drizzle 1 tsp oil and cook the patties over medium low flame .Drizzle 1 tsp oil on top and cook until the patties turns golden brown on both the sides,turning once or twice in between.
- Adjust the quantity of red chili powder according to your taste.