Mysore Sada Dosa
Quick ,easy and delicious Mysore sada dosa with spicy red chutney/spread.
Recipe source: YummyTummy,you can find the original recipe here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Dosa batter -1.5 to 2 cups( or as required)
- Ghee /Oil – as required
For red chutney:
- Channa dal /kadala parippu – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal/Uzhunnu – 1 tbsp
- Gralic ,sliced- 1 large clove
- Dry red chilies – 3( see notes)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp( i used Kashmiri chili powder)
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery- 1 tsp
- Tamarind – 3/4 to 1 tsp(or according to taste)
- Salt – To taste
- Water – as required
- Oil – as required
- Heat oil in a pan.Add channa dal and urad dal.Saute until it turns golden brown.
- Add garlic and dry red chilies and red chili powder saute for about a minute .Add grated coconut and mix well and saute over medium flame for about a minute.
- Now add jaggery,tamarind and salt to taste.Allow this to to cool a bit and grind to form a smooth paste adding sufficient quantity of water.
- Heat a tawa/dosa pan.Lightly brush it with oil.(If you are using a non stick pan,do not apply oil on the tawa,if you do so you will not be able to spread the batter.)Spread a ladle full of batter to form a thin and large circle.Drizzle ghee /oil over the dosa.( use ghee for best results)
- When it is cooked and the edges starts to brown spread 2 to 3 tsp of the prepared red chutney over the dosa.
- Let the dosa turn crisp.Fold the dosa and serve with sambar and chutney.
- Use Kashmiri red chilies ,if you like it less spicy and it also gives a nice red color to the chutney .
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery according to your taste.