Spicy garlic chutney for Dosa /Idli.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Onion,finely chopped- 1 medium( 3/4 cup)
- Garlic,sliced – 6 to 8 cloves
- Dry red chilies – 3 to 4( or according to taste,see notes)
- Salt – to taste
- Tamarind – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp( or according to taste)
- Water- as required
- Oil – as required
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
- Add red chilies and garlic.Saute till onion turns golden brown.Switch off the stove.Now add salt and tamarind .Allow it to cool slightly and grind to form a smooth paste adding 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
- I used 4 Kashmiri red chilies,if you are using regular red chilies adjust according to your taste.