Homemade Ada Recipe
Learn how to make Ada for Ada Pradhaman /palalda Pradhaman /Payasam.
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 to 1.5 cups
- Unakkalari /Raw rice – 1/2 cup( see notes)
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – to prepare batter
- Banana leaves,cut into rectangles – as required
- You may use pachari if unakkalri is not available.
- You can also use unroasted rice flour to prepare ada.In that case just add sugar ,ghee and water to the flour and mix to form the batter.
- For Ada Pradhaman ,cut the ada into slightly larger pieces.
nandoos kitchenAugust 8, 2014 at 3:23 pm
mom usually makes it this way. I am too lazy to make it.. Nice one indeed.
Happy’s CookAugust 9, 2014 at 2:20 am
Lovely presentation….I wanted to try this soon…
LizSeptember 12, 2014 at 5:42 pm
Instead of grinding into powder, can we add water and make the batter?
sivaApril 4, 2017 at 1:48 pm
What is the shell life for this adai?
KurryleavesApril 27, 2017 at 6:09 pm
you should use it the same day..