Thai Fried Rice
Quick and easy Thai Fried rice ,ready in less than 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Recipe source: A dash of soul,you can find the original recipe here.
Serves: 3 to 4
- Cooked Brown Rice- 4 cups
- Shallots,chopped – 2 Tbsp
- Spring onion whites,chopped – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Golden raisins – 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- Garlic,minced – 3 cloves
- Vegetables,finely chopped- 2 cups( i used cabbage,carrot,green beans and broccoli)
- Sugar- 1 to 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp (or according to taste)
- Eggs – 2
- Tomato sauce- 1/4 cup
- Tomato,diced- 1 Cup
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp( or as required)
- Soya sauce- 2 Tbsp
- Cashew Nuts,roasted- 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves,chopped- 2 Tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Coconut Oil- 2 tsp
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add shallots,spring onion whites and raisins.Saute until it turns golden brown.Next add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.Add the chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Saute until the vegetables are cooked through.Add sugar,pepper powder and salt to taste,mix well until combined.Move the vegetables over to one side of the pan and add the eggs.
- Add a pinch of salt and scramble the eggs as they cook and mix into the vegetables.
- Next add the cooked rice,tomato sauce,diced tomato,sesame oil,soya sauce,cashew nuts and coriander leaves.Mix gently until combined.Cook for few more minutes until all the ingredients are heated through.
- I used red onion instead of shallots.
- I halved the recipe as you can see in the pics.