Eggless Ragi Chocolate Cake
Healthy Ragi Chocolate cake packed with essential nutrients,calcium ,iron ,fibre etc.(Gluten Free and Vegan)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Makes: 5″ x 5″ cake
- Ragi /African Millet /Red Millet Flour – 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup
- Ground Flax Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/8 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Canola oil / vegetable oil- 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Cane Sugar or grated jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder- 3/4 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- In a pan ,add 1/8 cup Ragi flour,ground flax seeds,cocoa powder and water.Mix well until combined.
- Turn on the stove and cook the ragi-cocoa mixture over medium flame,stirring continuously until it turns thick and glossy.
- Transfer the ragi-cocoa mixture to a mixing bowl.Allow this to cool to lukewarm.Add oil and vanilla extract to the mixture.Next add the remaining 1/2 cup ragi flour,cane sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Mix well using a sturdy spoon until smooth and well combined.Preheat oven to 180 Deg C , line a 5″ x 5″ cake tin with parchment paper.Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake come out clean.(Do not over bake).Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- You can also add 2 to 3 tbsp chocolate chips to the batter ,if desired.