Indian Filter Coffee
Learn how to make South Indian Filter Coffee.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3-5 minutes
- Coffee Powder- 3 heaped tsp
- Boiling hot water- 1/4 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – to taste
The coffee filter consists of 4 parts,the lower chamber, the upper perforated chamber, the pressing stem and the lid.
Place the upper perforated chamber on top of the lower chamber.Add the coffee powder to the upper chamber and gently press using the back of a spoon.
Place the pressing stem and press gently.Add boiling hot water.
Cover the filter with the lid.Keep aside for about 10 to 15 minutes. The coffee decoction will get collected in the lower chamber.
Add sugar and the required amount of decoction ( 3/4 to 1 tbsp) into a coffee mug/tumbler.( add more decoction if you want a strong coffee)
Bring milk to a boil and add the boiling milk to the decoction – sugar mixture.
- Make sure the filter is dry, before adding the coffee powder.
- Use fresh and good quality coffee powder for best results.
- The leftover decoction can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a day.To warm it up, place the container in hot water for few minutes.
- Use full cream milk for best results.