Kerala Chicken Pepper Roast
Spicy, kerala style chicken roast with black pepper
Recipe Source: veena’s curry world
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
- Chicken,cut into medium pieces- 1 Kg
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6 sprigs
- Ginger,garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Onion,chopped – 2 cups
- Sliced coconut – 2 tbsp(optional)
- Green chilies,cut vertically- 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder ,freshly ground- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts- 8 to 10
- Tomato,chopped- 1/2cup(1medium)
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – as required
- Salt – to taste
Heat oil in a pan,add 2 sprigs curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste.Saute for few minutes ,until raw smell leaves.Next add chopped onion and sliced coconut(if using) and saute until onion turns golden.
Now add turmeric powder and garam masala, saute for few minutes over medium low flame.
Next add black pepper powder and mix well.Add cashew nuts.
Add the chopped tomato and cook until it turns soft.Add salt to taste and mix well.
Next add chicken,cover and cook over medium flame ,until chicken turns tender.Make sure you stir well in between to avoid burning.
Finally add the coconut milk and the remaining curry leaves.Mix well and cook for few more minutes or until gravy coats the chicken pieces.Serve with rice,appam or chapathi..
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies and black pepper powder according to your taste.