- Chicken (medium sized pieces)- 500 gms
- Curryleaves- 2 sprigs
- Rice powder- 2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1 tbsp( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Black peppecorns-1/4 to 1/2 tsp(or to taste)
- Ginger-1″ piece
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Mint leaves ( chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped)-2 tbsp
- Shallots- 4 nos
- Tomato ( chopped)-1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water-( as required)
- Combine all the ingredients for marination in a blender with sufficient quantity of water and grid to form a smooth paste.Rub this on to the chicken pieces and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before frying add rice powder to the marinated chicken pieces and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the chicken pieces over medium flame until browned on all the sides.( make sure you turn the pieces once in between for even cooking).
- Now add curry leaves ,mix well and fry it for a few seconds more.Transfer it on to a kitchen paper.
- Drizzle lemon juice on it just before serving ,if desired.
- Serve with rice or chapathi.