- Chicken (medium sized pieces)- 500 gms
- Curryleaves- 2 sprigs
- Rice powder- 2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1 tbsp( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Black peppecorns-1/4 to 1/2 tsp(or to taste)
- Ginger-1″ piece
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Mint leaves ( chopped)- 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped)-2 tbsp
- Shallots- 4 nos
- Tomato ( chopped)-1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water-( as required)
- Combine all the ingredients for marination in a blender with sufficient quantity of water and grid to form a smooth paste.Rub this on to the chicken pieces and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before frying add rice powder to the marinated chicken pieces and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the chicken pieces over medium flame until browned on all the sides.( make sure you turn the pieces once in between for even cooking).
- Now add curry leaves ,mix well and fry it for a few seconds more.Transfer it on to a kitchen paper.
- Drizzle lemon juice on it just before serving ,if desired.
- Serve with rice or chapathi.
AzJuly 18, 2012 at 5:28 pm
Done to perfection.. love it!
JulieJuly 18, 2012 at 9:01 pm
Wow..mouthwatering chicken,yummy yum!!
Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Palakkad Chamayal-Fenugreek Leaves OR Green Chillies
Ami's VegetarianJuly 18, 2012 at 9:50 pm
Super pics, makes one drool over. u've succeeded in your purpose.
Priya SureshJuly 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm
Omg, wat an irresistible and super flavourful chicken fry,am inviting myself to ur place.
Prathima RaoJuly 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Excellent preparation, perfectly spiced!!
Ganga SreekanthJuly 19, 2012 at 2:29 pm
My favorite,mouthwatering clicks.
Divya AJuly 19, 2012 at 4:06 pm
Wonderful recipes here and loved your clicks too 🙂 Glad to follow you!!
Fish Puttu/Meen Puttu/Steamed &Shredded Fish Stir Fry
-You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes
UnknownJuly 19, 2012 at 4:55 pm
All i feel right way to grab one of those chicken drumsticks and much it right away!
CathleenJuly 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm
This chicken looks SO good! I'm always on the lookout for new chicken recipes, I love it!
divyagcpJuly 19, 2012 at 10:57 pm
Chicken fry looks delicious and inviting..
Love the clicks..
Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
Bake along challenge # 4 – Peanut Butter
Love lock series- Breads
@lekshmiJuly 20, 2012 at 3:16 am
InduJuly 20, 2012 at 5:15 am
Chicken and all those wonderful. I simply have to grab a leg…
Spice up the CurryJuly 20, 2012 at 2:48 pm
ShreeMarch 22, 2013 at 4:57 am
tried this and came out really well. Have posted in my blog too 🙂
KurryleavesMarch 24, 2013 at 6:24 pm
Thank you dear !!Happy that you liked it!….
RashmiApril 12, 2013 at 4:14 am
Excellent easy recipe …I forwarded this recipe to my husband who loves to cook once in a while and it turned out awesome…. Thanks !
UnknownJune 2, 2013 at 6:41 am
just loved it….it was my first chicken dish i ever made….
UnknownApril 17, 2014 at 9:20 am
Made an attempt to make it,
hope so it will turn good ,
Simple and good recipe
UnknownAugust 11, 2014 at 5:44 am
Oh my! This makes my mouth really water! i so love the texture of your chicken recipe. Let me add this to my favorite Pinterest board. Cheers!