Spicy egg pulav with coconut milk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Hard boiled eggs,halved – 3 to 4
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamom- 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon- 1″ piece
- Onion,finely chopped – 1 large(3/4 cup)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
- Green chili ,chopped – 1 or 2( according to taste)
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/8 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato,chopped – 1 large(3/4 cup)
- Thick Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Kasuri methi – 1 generous pinch
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Vegetable oil/ghee – as required
- Cook rice with salt and sufficient quantity of water , until 3/4 done.Drain and keep aside.Heat oil/ghee in a pan.Add cloves,cardamom,bay leaf and cinnamon,Saute till fragrant.Now add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies.Saute until onion turns golden brown.Now reduce the flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder , garam masala and 2 tbsp water.
- Cook stirring continuously until masala starts to leave the sides of the pan.Now add the chopped tomatoes, cover and cook until it turns mushy.Stir well in between to avoid burning.
- Once oil starts to separate or masala starts to leave the sides of the pan, add the coconut milk,crushed kasuri methi and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.
- Add the hard boiled eggs.Cover the eggs with the gravy ,cover and cook for few minutes or until the gravy turns thick.
- Carefully remove the eggs and keep aside.Add the cooked rice and coriander leaves to the gravy and gently mix until combined.
- Place the egg halves on top ,cover and cook over low flame for 1 or 2 minutes.Switch off the stove,keep covered for 5 to 10 minutes ,serve with raita/salad.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies and kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.