Spicy egg pulav with coconut milk.
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Hard boiled eggs,halved – 3 to 4
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamom- 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon- 1″ piece
- Onion,finely chopped – 1 large(3/4 cup)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 tsp
- Green chili ,chopped – 1 or 2( according to taste)
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/8 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato,chopped – 1 large(3/4 cup)
- Thick Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Kasuri methi – 1 generous pinch
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Vegetable oil/ghee – as required
Cook rice with salt and sufficient quantity of water , until 3/4 done.Drain and keep aside.Heat oil/ghee in a pan.Add cloves,cardamom,bay leaf and cinnamon,Saute till fragrant.Now add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies.Saute until onion turns golden brown.Now reduce the flame to low and add kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder , garam masala and 2 tbsp water.
Cook stirring continuously until masala starts to leave the sides of the pan.Now add the chopped tomatoes, cover and cook until it turns mushy.Stir well in between to avoid burning.
Once oil starts to separate or masala starts to leave the sides of the pan, add the coconut milk,crushed kasuri methi and salt to taste.Mix well until combined.
Add the hard boiled eggs.Cover the eggs with the gravy ,cover and cook for few minutes or until the gravy turns thick.
Carefully remove the eggs and keep aside.Add the cooked rice and coriander leaves to the gravy and gently mix until combined.
Place the egg halves on top ,cover and cook over low flame for 1 or 2 minutes.Switch off the stove,keep covered for 5 to 10 minutes ,serve with raita/salad.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies and kashmiri chili powder according to your taste.