Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Baked sweet potato fries,
Prep Time: 5 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Sweet potato- 2 medium or 1 large( about 500 gms)
- Cornflour -2 tbsp
- Chili Powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp( see notes)
- Garlic,minced- 1 clove( see notes)
- Olive oil ( or any vegetable oil)- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/4″ thick strips.Soak them in cold water for about 30 to 60 minutes.(Do not skip this step.Soaking removes excess starch from the sweet potatoes and helps in obtaining crispy fries without burning the edges.)
Drain and rinse the sweet potatoes.Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.Transfer the sweet potato strips to a mixing bowl or a zip lock bag.Sprinkle cornflour and chili powder over the sweet potato strips and toss to coat evenly.
Add the minced garlic and oil ,mix gently to coat evenly.Line a baking tray with parchment paper.Place the sweet potato strips on the prepared pan in a single layer.
Preheat oven to 200 deg C.Bake the fries for about 15 minutes.Then remove the baking tray and flip the fries over.Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy on outside.Sprinkle with salt and allow to cool for 5 minutes ,before serving.
- I used 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder.
- You could also use 1/8 tsp garlic powder instead of minced garlic.I used garlic infused oil and thus skipped the minced garlic.
- Add salt only after baking the fries.