Homemade Spring roll or Samosa Wrapper
Learn how to make quick and easy samosa/ spring roll wrappers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 10 to 12 sheets
- All purpose flour- 1 .5 cups( more for dusting)
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Oil – 3 tsp ( more for spreading on the sheets)
- In a bowl combine together all purpose flour and salt.Add the oil and mix together until combined using your finger tips.
- Add sufficient quantity of water and knead well to form a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for about 10 to 15 minutes.Divide this into small balls( about 2″) of equal size.
- Roll each ball into a 4″ circle.Take two such circles and brush oil on top.(make sure you apply oil on the edges also.)
- Sprinkle some all purpose flour on the discs.Place one disc over the other such that the oiled surface comes together.
- Gently roll this into a thin sheet.
- Heat a tawa and cook this for about 8 to 10 seconds on each side.(Do not over cook.)
- Find an open edge and pull it carefully to separate the two sheets.Repeat with the remaining dough.Cut the sheets into semi circles or rectangles as desired.
- Use as needed .To freeze the sheets ,stack them together and place in a zip lock bag .
- TIP-If you have any bits that are left behind after cutting the sheets,just bake them till golden or deep fry them and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- To use the frozen samosa sheets ,remove the sheets from the freezer, about 15 minutes before using.
- 1 cup = 250 ml