Fish Masala Fry
Quick and easy fish masala fry.
Prep Time:10 minutes + marination time .
Cooking Time:15 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Fish,whole or sliced- 400 gms (see notes)
- Coconut oil – as required
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1.5 to 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder- 1/8 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
- Black peppercorns- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger- 1″ piece
- Garlic- 4 large cloves
- Curry leaves- 3 to 4
- Tamarind pulp- 1/2 to 1tsp( or according to taste)
- Salt- to taste
- Water- as required
- In a blender ,add all the ingredients listed under ‘for marination’ and grind to form a thick paste.
- Rub this onto the fish.Marinate for about 2 hours or atleast 30 minutes.Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan,add few curry leaves to the oil and shallow fry the fish.Once it turns golden brown on one side,gently flip over and cook until the other side is done.Transfer the fried fish onto a plate and serve immediately along with sliced onion and lemon wedges.
- 1 cup= 250ml.
- Adjust the quantity of kashmiri chili powder and black pepper according to your taste.
- You can use any firm fish for this recipe.King fish,pomfret ,pearl spot etc works well.
- For best result use homemade garam masala