Kentucky Butter Cake Recipe
A super moist ,rich and buttery vanilla cake with vanilla butter glaze that forms a sweet and delicious crust.
Kentucky Butter Cake
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Butter,cubed (at room temperature )
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 4 medium Eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
For the butter glaze
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 165 deg C.Grease a bundt pan liberally with butter.Dust the pan with flour and shake out the excess flour.Set aside until required.
- In a large bowl combine together all purpose flour,salt,baking powder and baking soda.Set aside.In another large bowl add butter,sugar,eggs ,buttermilk and vanilla extract.Mix well using a whisk until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients in 2 or 3 batches and mix gently,until the batter is smooth and creamy.Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
- Level the surface using a spoon or a spatula.Bake for about 60 to 75 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.To prepare the glaze ,combine together all the ingredients listed under 'For the butter glaze' in a saucepan .Cook over medium low flame until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.Do not bring the glaze to a boil.
- Poke holes over the warm cake using a knife and pour the hot glaze evenly over the cake while still in the pan.Allow to cool completely and gently transfer the cake nto a serving tray.
- If you are using a stand mixer to prepare the cake batter ,add all the ingredients for the cake into the mixer bowl (fitted with paddle attachment.)Mix on low for about 30 seconds and continue to mix on medium for about 3 minutes.
- Recipe source:Cookiesandcups.com.You can find the original recipe here.
- To make a substitute for buttermilk ,combine 1 cup milk and 3 tsp vinegar.Then stir together and let sit for 5 minutes.