Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week I am paired with Swetha of Our cherished world.I chose to make this delicious tomato soup from her blog. You can find the original recipe here.
- Bay leaves- 1 no
- Cloves-5 to 6
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Onion chopped- 1 small
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Tomato- 4 to 5 medium
- Carrot(diced)-1 small(optional)
- Water-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Black pepper powder- to taste
- Salt-to taste
- Cashew cream
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.Add bay leaves and cloves.saute till fragrant.
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Remove the bay leaves and the cloves from the pressure cooker and discard.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add diced carrot and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes ,water ,pepper and salt to taste.Cook until done.
- Open the pressure cooker when stem is completely released.
- Blend it using a hand blender.(For blending ,wait until it cools down a bit.Reheat it just before serving)
- Strain the soup if desired.
- Garnish with cashew cream ( i used home made cashew cream, you can also use store bought cashew and almond cream ,like this one )and coriander leaves.