- Raw mango ( Chopped)- 3 cups
- Kashmiri chili powder- 5 to 6 tbsp( or according to taste- see note)
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder-1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder-1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tsp
- Kurryleaves- 2 sprigs
- Oil-3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar-1/8 cup (more if required)
- Combine together chopped mango,kashmiri chili powder,turmeric powder,asafoetida , fenugreek powder and salt to taste.Mix well and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let it splutter,now add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves.Saute for a few seconds.
- Now reduce the flame to low and add the marinated chopped mango and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes,stirring well in between. ( or until the skin turns greenish brown,see above picture)
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool completely.Add vinegar and mix well,adjust salt level if required.
- Transfer if to a glass jar with a tight lid.Serve with rice.
*You can add regular red chili powder instead of Kashmiri chili powder,in that case just use 2 to 3 tbsp or according to taste.